Things to do in Barcelona
Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and the second city in Spain. It is a totally incomparable city where you can make thousands of plans and all of them different for all types of audiences and tastes.
Next, we will show you different things to do in Barcelona so that you know the best places and the most essential places that you have to see and you cannot miss if you visit Barcelona or live in this great city.
Best things to do in Barcelona
- Strolling along the Ramblas and walking along the Ramblas is one of the best things you can do in Barcelona. It is one of the most famous streets and therefore also one of the most touristy, even so, it is essential to do this route that begins in Plaza Catalunya and goes down until you reach the Columbus monument.
- Visiting the Sagrada Familia is another of the most essential things you must do if you visit the city of Barcelona. The Sagrada Familia is one of the great works of Antoni Gaudí and although it is not yet finished, it is one of the most emblematic monuments in the entire city.
- Strolling along Paseo de Gracia until you see Casa Batlló and La Pedrera is another of the most common walks to do in the city. Walk through one of the most luxurious streets in Barcelona while looking at two of the best-known Antoni Gaudí monuments, such as Casa Batlló and La Pedrera.
- La Boqueria is another iconic place in Barcelona, it is a market that has become increasingly popular and is located on the Ramblas. Inside, you can find different stops to buy food or even restaurants and bars.
- As we commented in other posts, Park Güell is one of the most recognized symbols of Barcelona and of its artist, Gaudí. It is a perfect place to walk and discover new great works of modernism as well as see the great views of the city.
Beaches in Barcelona
Barcelona is also a city known and claimed for having beaches, so below we are going to comment on 3 of the most famous beaches:
- La Barceloneta Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Barcelona and also one of the oldest and with more tradition of the city. It is one of the beaches preferred by all tourists due to its length and its location as it is next to the promenade surrounded by bars and restaurants.
- Bogatell Beach is also one of the best-known beaches, it is larger than Barceloneta Beach. On this beach, you can not only enjoy a good sunny day, but there are also different activities that you can do such as ping-pong tables, a soccer field, or a volleyball area.
- Finally, we want to comment on the Mar Bella beach. This is mostly frequented by residents of Barcelona. Like Bogatell beach, this one also has different leisure areas and has a space dedicated to nudists.
Currently, there are numerous routes and tourist sites to see in the city of Barcelona. All the routes that exist, visit the most important places in the city such as the Barcelona Cathedral, a great example of Gothic architecture making it a Cultural Heritage and a National Historic Monument since 1929.
Also, through these routes, you will visit the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc where you will enjoy a light and water show perfect for all ages. Either you will go to the Carmel Bunkers where you will enjoy some of the best panoramic views of the entire city or finally, you will walk through the Ciutadella park where you will enjoy a quiet place within the city itself.
Other routes will take you to see the soccer field of FC Barcelona, Camp Nou, a place that even if you are not a fan of this sport you should visit and get to know it. Also, you can walk and get lost in the streets of the Gothic Quarter until you see the Cathedral of Santa Maria Mar, one of the best examples of Gothic style architecture.
Finally, if you go on a tour you can’t miss the Palau de la Música in Barcelona, a cultural building based on the aesthetics of Catalan modernism and built by one of the greatest representatives of this movement, Lluís Domènech i Montaner.
Nightlife in Barcelona
In Barcelona, apart from enjoying great monuments and cultural buildings, you can also enjoy the night and the different plans that the city offers. In Barcelona, you will find from bars with a lot of atmosphere located on the Ramblas or in the Gothic Quarter to large nightclubs located, the vast majority in the Olympic port.